"We don’t want technology for technologies own sake - it has to work, and that’s why IT at MCFC are backing FinGoPay"
Mike Morris, Head of IT, MCFC
FinGoPay were introduced to Manchester City Football Club (MCFC) and F3 – the contract caterer at the Etihad Stadium – by Verteda, the leading PoS solution provider. MCFC wanted to upgrade their stadium for the 21st century, and part of F3’s remit was to increase supporter satisfaction and increase average spend per supporter.
Fingopay launched at Manchester City Football Club’s Etihad Stadium during the 2018/19 season.
- The overall reaction from fans was positive, they felt comfortable signing up to FinGoPay, even though many were in the 50+ age demographic
- The number of fans signing up increased match on match
- The results supported the wider public trend towards a cashless society
- 41% of the target audience base (season ticket holders with access to Joe’s Bar East) registered with FinGoPay
- 49% of all registered fans went on to pay with FinGoPay
FinGoPay provided F3 with greater insight into customer purchases; feeding back information on what customers had purchased and when, in order uncover trends and insights to feed into wider membership and loyalty programmes for stadiums.
F3 and Manchester City Football Club had a single customer view; uniting data across food and beverage purchases, attendance data, stadium entry and exit times combined with hospitality and wider brand engagement information.
“FinGoPay has two key benefits: the ease of use at counter and the data available to the merchant.” Steve McArdle, Verteda
“FinGoPay was 30% quicker than contactless.” Sean Marshall, Head of IT, F3
Get in touch to learn more about our biometric solutions